Pages

Welcome

Soaps made in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountain of WNC. We use quality products from reputable suppliers to ensure the best products.




Monday, January 17, 2011

Glacier National Park

This is one of my favorite places to visit.  Kalispell Mt is where you can fly into.  There are a number of little motels to stay and you can rent a car from the airport.  I found that my standard camera bag did not fit on the tiny plane that I flew in on and one of my polarizer cases got broken from it being shoved in a compartment. So be sure to travel light or have a hard case for under the plane.  Keep your car gassed up.  Its a really long long drive between gas stations in this area.

Glacier is not far away and  you could easily spend days here.  Also there is the National buffalo ranch just south of Kalispell as well which makes for a great day trip.  Its on about any map.  Also 9 pipe is great for birding.  I could have easily spent a couple weeks in this area.    The helicopter ride in Glacier is a great way to see the landscape.

One thing that no one told me is that Montana is kinda like Alaska.  It stays daylight there a very long time.  Being from the east coast I was used to it being dark around 6 or 7 pm.  NOT going to happen there.  It did not get dark until around 10 or 11 pm.   I had to get one of those sleep mask.   Anyway the extra daylight did not go to wast.  It gave me time to push myself and get in a few extra shots since my trip was only a week.

Also if you get the chance go to the Tripple D game farm and sign up for a few classes.  You can stay on the property for a reasonable price and work as your home base.   This is a little expensive but well worth every penny.

Wolf Pups at Play
Mountain goat blocked my path.

Lake McDonald

Logan Pass
















For lens take your wide angle, and zoom.   Good hiking boots and a variety of clothing.  Layers.  I went in July and hiked through snow capped mountain tops. 

48.2005°N, 114.3151°W

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.